Inspired by Middle East's cuisine, my friend Kasia, created these simple, yet delicious and flavorful energy balls.
The secret of this recipe is combination of pistachios and sesame seeds with a hint of cardamom and rose petals.
This is great solution for everyone who is looking for an interesting recipe that uses less common ingredients.
For the pistachio balls:
- 1 cup pistachio
- 1 cup sesame seeds (or 1/2 cup sesame seeds and 1/2 almonds)
- 1 cup dates
- 1 Tbsp rose water
- 1 tsp cardamom
For the coating:
- 1/4 cup pistachio
- 2 Tbsp (dehydrated) rose petals
- Place the ingredients for coating in a food processor and pulse a few time to break them down into small pieces.
- Put aside while you prepare the rest.
- Start from processing sesame seeds (and almonds if using) for 2 to 3 minutes until they form a crumbly paste.
- Add pistachio, cardamom and rose water and process everything together until nuts will be broken into small pieces.
- Gradually start adding dates and pulse it a few times to combine all the ingredients.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the same amount of ready mixture, roll into the balls and coat them in the previously prepared pistachio-rose mixture.
- They will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and are also suitable for freezing.
Enjoy this recipe and if you know someone else who would like it too, please share it with them.
If you make the above cardamom flavoured pistachio balls, take a photo and tag me! 🙂