Have you been searching for a healthy vegan protein snack to add some protein and fibre to your diet?
Roasted chickpeas are quick and easy to make and you can use any of your favourite spices to create different variations.
Here's how ;).
*Use 1.5 cup of cooked chickpeas for any of the below mix of spices
Spicy Paprika Chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder/0.5 clove fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 1/2 clove of fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Sweet and Aromatic Chickpeas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- A pinch of ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Use any of the variation of the above spices.
- Add chosen spice mix into a bowl with chickpeas and cover them evenly.
- Spread a single layer of chickpeas on a baking tray and roast for about 30 minutes at 200ºC.
- Serve shortly after roasting, when they are still slightly warm and crispy.
They also can be stored for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Roasted, savoury chickpeas are also a great addition to salads, Buddha bowls, or sprinkled on soup.
Enjoy this recipe and if you know someone else who would enjoy it too, please share it with them.
If you make any of the above roasted chickpeas, please take a photo and tag me! 🙂