Ice-cream with beetroot? Sounds crazy? I thought so!
Until I had some leftover beetroot and decided to add it to my chocolate 'nice cream'...
Try it, if you are looking for a delicious, super healthy and quick dessert and you won't be disappointed.
Add some more bananas or dates for extra sweetness or some more cacao powder if you want to get that deep chocolate flavour.
Top it with cacao nibs or dark chocolate to add some extra crunch.
- 300 g frozen bananas (~3 bananas)
- 30 g beetroot (fresh or frozen, about 1/4 of a medium beetroot)
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp almond milk or water (optional)
- Blend frozen bananas, beetroot and cacao until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick and doesn't blend easily, add some plant-based milk or water.
Enjoy this recipe and if you know someone else who would like it too, please share it with them.
If you make the above banana & beetroot ice-cream, take a photo and tag me! 🙂