This cake is deliciously rich and creamy. The best part is that the filling is made of bananas, avocados and dates! Yes, you are getting a daily serving of fruits in a piece of chocolate cake. What a treat!
Let's create your piece of chocolate cake today!
- 1 cup (120 g) sultanas
- 1 cup (85 g) oats
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 cup (200 g) dates
- 1 cup (125 g dry) cashew nuts, soaked*
- 1/2 cup (40 g) cacao powder
- 50 g cacao butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- Add oats and maca powder into the food processor.
- Pulse a few times and start adding sultanas.
- Process until the ingredients form a sticky dough.
- Press the mixture into the base of the cake tin and leave in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Gently melt cacao butter and coconut oil in a bain-marie. (If you have a high-speed blender, you can skip it as the heat created during blending will melt the butter and oil anyway.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pure the chocolate filling over the already prepared crust and put into the fridge to set.
Chocolate cake will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days. It is also suitable for freezing. (Unless you need to freeze the whole cake e.g. for a birthday, I recommend to cut and freeze the separate portions. This will allow you to defrost it quicker and use only as much as you need.)
Best looks when made in 8-inch cake tin or smaller.
*Soak cashews overnight or in hot (freshly boiled) water for 15 minutes.
Enjoy this recipe and if you know someone else who would like it too, share it with them.
If you make the above chocolate cake, take a photo and tag me! 🙂