When it comes to simple snacks, nothing can beat these flapjacks.
Easy to make, they require only three basic ingredients: bananas, oats and peanut butter. Any seeds, nuts, dried fruits and spices are optional.
Let's look at how you can get started with your flapjacks today!
- 1 cup oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Combine all dry ingredients and set it aside.
- Mash bananas with peanut butter and stir well.
- Add all the dry ingredients to mixed bananas with nut butter and combine well. If the batter is to thick you can add a bit of water, plant based milk or fruit juice.
- Leave the mixture for 15-20 minutes* while you preheat the oven.
- Spread the mix on the baking tray lined with grease-proof paper and bake around 20 minutes in 150ºC (~300ºF).
- Leave it aside to cool down and cut into squares.
Banana and peanut butter flapjacks can be stored in a fridge for 4-5 days. They are also freezer friendly.
*This is an important step. Leaving the mixture for at least 15-20 minutes will help to soften the oats before baking. You can even mix all the ingredients in the evening and leave it overnight in the fridge.
PEANUT BUTTER - use any other nut or seed butter instead.
SUNFLOWER SEEDS - can be replace with other seeds or chopped nuts e.g. pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, almonds, walnuts and peanuts.
DRIED CRANBERRIES - you can swap them for raisins, chopped apricots, dates, figs and other dry fruits.
If you make the above flapjacks, take a photo and tag me! 🙂