Looking for a easy salad that's tasty for lunch?
This simple and quick salad can be made and stored in the fridge without dressing for a few days (which means it lasts longer for more great meals).
Buckwheat also contains good amount of fibre and many nutrients such as manganese, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper and rutin.
It's a great addition to your meals, especially if you are using a gluten-free or a plant based diet.
Here's how to make your salad today. 🙂
- 1 packet (70g) of rocket
- ¼ cup (35g) sunflower and pumpkin mix seeds, toasted
- 1 package (500g) cooked beetroots*
- 2 cups cooked buckwheat
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, soaked and cut into thin strips**
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Optional: 1 cup cooked puy (french) lentils
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Put all sauce ingredients into a jar and shake well.
- Cut beetroots into small pieces and warm them up in a frying pan with a bit of dressing.
- Add all the prepared ingredients into the bowl, pour over the rest of the dressing and toss together.
*If you have raw beets, you can steam or baked them before.
**This recipe calls for sun dried tomatoes without an oil. You can omit soaking, if you've got sun dried tomatoes in a jar with oil.
Enjoy this recipe and if you know someone else who would like this salad, please share it with them.
Also, if you make this salad, please take a photo and tag me! 🙂