These power balls require only three basic ingredients - peanuts, dates and puffed buckwheat.
In fact, you could make them only with two! That's right. You can skip puffed buckwheat and simply use roasted peanuts and dates. It couldn't get easier!
Let's get started!
Make about 14 energy balls
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup puffed buckwheat*
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Pinch of cardamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (~400ºF) and roast peanuts for 15-20 minutes until they start getting brown. If you have already roasted, unsalted peanuts you can slightly warm them up or skip this step altogether.
- Put all the ingredients but dates into the food processor and process until peanuts and buckwheat are nicely crushed.
- While the food processor is still working, start adding dates. Check the consistency - you might not need the whole cup of dates. If the mixture is too dry, just add a few more dates.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the same amount of the mixture. Roll into balls and place in an airtight container in the fridge.
This energy balls will keep for 4-5 days in a fridge.
They are also suitable for freezing.
* Substitute puffed buckwheat for puffed rice or millet. You can also use soaked and dried buckwheat groats or rolled oats instead.
Enjoy this recipe and if you know someone else who would enjoy it too, share it with them.
If you make the above roasted peanut balls, take a photo and tag me 🙂