Fresh or frozen?
This smoothie can be made both ways.
If you are looking for something refreshing on a hot summer day, I recommend using frozen fruits (berries and bananas) and add ice cubes instead of water.
Blending in some beetroot helps to achieve that beautiful dark color and add some extra nutrients but feel free to skip the veg if you really don't like it. 😉
- 2 cups spinach or any other greens
- ¼ - ½ medium beetroot (start with a quarter of beetroot and add more, if you like it)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries
- 2 frozen bananas
- Small slice of ginger
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 cup water (you might need less)
- Start with adding to the blender the water first, then the seeds, powders and ginger, spinach and rest of the ingredients. Your seeds and ginger will be well blended and they will not splash all over your jug.
- Blend everything together and serve.
Enjoy this recipe and if you know someone else who would like it too, share it with them.
If you make the above summer fruits smoothie, take a photo and tag me! 🙂